1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large pot, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Gradually stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Drain well. Toss
pasta with 1/2 teaspoon garlic.
3. Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Add broccoli florets and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well.
Sprinkle with remaining garlic.
4. Transfer pasta and broccoli to a medium casserole dish (about 8 x 11-in.) coated with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken. Mix well.
5. In a small mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup half and half with flour. Whisk to remove lumps.
6. In a medium skillet, heat chicken broth, salt, pepper, and remaining half and half. Stir constantly. Stir in half and half/flour mixture. Stir constantly and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low. Stir frequently for 5 minutes. Sauce
will thicken. Add cheese and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Pour sauce over broccoli/pasta mixture.
8. Cover casserole dish with lid or with foil. Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. Heat to an internal temperature of 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds (use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature). Remove from oven. Serve hot.
For more recipes or information, please visit teamnutrition.usa.gov