1. In a large soup pot, sauté onion, carrot, celery and cabbage in canola oil until cooked.
2. Add potatoes and beets and continue to sauté for about 1 min.
3. Add water, tomato juice and stock. Season with lemon juice, bay leaves and salt. Allow to simmer until potatoes are cooked about 15 to 20 min.
4. Add dill and parsley near the end of the cooking time.
5. Remove from heat and serve. Garnish each bowl with 1 Tbsp. low fat or no fat sour cream, if desired.
* When made with meat, this soup is a hearty main dish that needs only a salad, bread and a glass of milk to complete the meal.